Monday, June 28, 2010

I'm getting so predictable...

So I have noticed (thanks Sheenz) that my blogs are getting a little predictable. How much can one person complain about vuvuzelas? (Until July 11 - the end of the World Cup - at least)

But, I've decided to accept and embrace repitition, and today I am going back to my second predictable theme - cute children.

We spent this Saturday afternoon at another great braai (AKA bbq) in the township of Nyanga where we basically hung out on the street and played with the kids. Sunday was one of the first weekend days with perfect weather since I've been here, so I went to the beach with a few of my roommates. It was a perfect example of the contrast that is Cape Town. An afternoon in a township, followed by a day on the beach in Camp's Bay, which is essentially equivalent to a resort vacation.

By the way - taking in a Camp's Bay sunset is something I suggest everyone add to their bucket list. :)


Little girl now - "PICK ME UP PICK ME UP!"
Little girl 5 minutes later - Delivered home fast asleep on my shoulder. Too cute.



Kids love Gerald. This is apparently what being in the Singapore army will do for you. ;)


Mark getting attacked.

Baby + car + beer = interesting picture...

1 comment:

  1. The cute children never get old! And the vuvuzela complaints are funny because even people here are talking about it! Love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete