Saturday, July 10, 2010

Semi-Final Madness

The rain in Cape Town has left me with some free time today to reminisce about the past month of craziness (READ: free time to figure out my class schedule, but who wants to do that?). The World Cup finals are tomorrow, and though I wasn't especially excited about it in the beginning, I'm actually a little sad to see it end. Although my life will hopefully be free of vuvuzelas from Sunday on, it will also be free of all of the fun things that have come along with the tournament.

For example, this was my Tuesday night. Walking the fan walk with thousands upon thousands of people on their way to Greenpoint Stadium for the final match in Cape Town. Hanging with the team at a bar watching the match. Bonding with South Africans over shared support for the Netherlands (no one likes Uruguay anyway). Just getting caught up in the excitement, basically.







I have a feeling this Tuesday night will not look the same. Although, it is probably for the best. At some point, I need to get around to planning my African vacation upon my departure from Cape Town in three weeks (I can't believe it is SO close!) and sorting out my life for the fall, since apparently I am still in law school somehow.

This summer has only made me want to travel more, and I have been dreaming about possible adventures for next summer. Sadly, my bank account finds this idea laughable, to say the least. Please forward me any and all get rich quick schemes so I can continue to live the life for one more year and avoid joining the real world. India next summer, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment